I am 28 and single, I enjoy my life by travelling solo, doing photography, reading books and last but not least, my job.
Why are you still single? Aren’t you planning for kids? House? Your biological clock is ticking!
These are the kind of shit I am hearing these days, I really don’t understand why people think marriage is so relevant for a “happy life”. For me, it’s just an option out of million other trivial options I have. I really don’t feel it should be a compulsion.
I am not really against it though, I do have my reasons for getting married, the reasons are quite simple and logical if you’re …
- In love with someone from a long time, and you want to spend the rest of your life with that person.
- You really need a companion, or someone who can be with you or can give you moral support.
- This 3rd point may not be relevant for me, but putting it anyway. Kids! ya, some people are too touchy about this, I can understand that.
Fortunately, I don’t think I fit in any of the above points, not yet. I had relationships but thankfully I came out of them, because, it was obvious that I am not the right person for them, and I couldn’t find that person in them with whom I can be comfortable with. I can take real good care of myself, in fact I am better off alone and abundantly self-sufficient.
What bothers me are the conservatives coming up with the most ridiculous reasons for getting married, listing some below.
- You’re getting old, you should think about wife, kids, home, life settlement.
- Most of your friends are married, you should too!
- We need grandchildren.
- You need someone who can cook and take care of you.
- It’s getting late for you, if you marry late and by the time your kids are grownup you’ll be too old, you’ll have to work and earn money till your kids get into a position where they can take care of you.
- Your Biological Clock is ticking.
Well, those are the few things I remember when writing this.
Living an independent/individual life is really difficult when you’re surrounded by these socially preconditioned/programmed robots.
Marriage is an attempt to solve problems together which you didn’t even have when you were on your own.
~ Eddie Cantor